What data we gather through this website
We may collect a range of information including, but not limited to the following:
- name, email address
- information about your career preferences and interests
- Website usage data.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us provide you with a service which meets your needs.
Specifically, we may use data:
- for our own internal records so that we can provide you with a high quality service
- to contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- to customise our services so they work better for you
- to contact you about careers services, products, offers and other things provided by us which we think may be relevant to you
- to contact you via e-mail telephone or mail for research purposes.
At no time will we assume your permission to use information that you provide for anything other than the reasons stated here.
We will hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong organisational and technical security safeguards.
If information is shared with another organisation (reasons for this are given in the section below) we will ensure an Information Sharing Agreement is in place.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell or rent your personal information.
Your information may by necessity be disclosed to appropriate staff members of Gateshead College and to government bodies [to fulfil our statutory responsibilities] such as the Skills Funding Agency, the Education Funding Agency, Ofsted, the Department for Education and auditors or with local partners eg Connexions Service.
Information may be shared with third parties if it is in connection with the service we are providing to you, for example we might share information with market research companies contracted to undertake work on our behalf to assess your satisfaction with our service. When we do this we always ensure an Information Sharing Agreement is in place.
We will only share your personal information with other people eg parents or carers, or with agencies such as the Benefits Department with your permission.
Any personal information we hold about you is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Visitors to our website
When someone visits the Job Lab website we collect standard internet log information and visitor details of behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the different parts of the site. We collect the information in a way which does not identify anyone. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website we will be up front about this and will make the purpose clear.
Controlling Information About You
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- opt in to receive marketing communications from us by e-mail, telephone, text message or post
- opt in to receive marketing from our sponsors, third party partners by e-mail telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to us - Marketing and Communications Team, Gateshead College, Baltic Campus, Quarryfield Road, Baltic Business Quarter, Gateshead. NE8 3BE. ￼￼￼￼
We will not lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.