The prestigious Cafe 21 are seeking an Apprentice Chef. Working alongside a professional, friendly team you will assist preparing and finishing food in all sections of the kitchen. You will be involved in every step from preparation to serving.
Weekly wage: £136.00
Apprenticeship duration: Approximately 12-18 months
The 21 Hospitality Group is one of the leading privately operated restaurant groups in the North of England and has five outstanding restaurants in its portfolio. Café 21 Newcastle, Café Vivo, Café 21 Fenwick, Bistro 21 and The Broad Chare.
Working alongside a professional, friendly team you will assist preparing and finishing food in all sections of the kitchen. You will be involved in every step from preparation to serving. You will also be responsible for maintaining the high standards of your own work station and keeping the highest standards of personal hygiene.
This role will be varied and very exciting, strong communication skills are essential and the ability to work within a small team is paramount.
This position will involve the applicant taking on the role of Apprentice Chef and will be required to:
- You will be responsible for assisting in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food with the aim to delivering an excellent customer experience.
- You must have a passion for cooking and possess a desire to learn and develop new culinary skills.
- You will have a good working attitude and enjoy the buzz of working in a busy kitchen environment.
- A keen interest in food and cooking
- Strong communication
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- The ability to multitask
- Creativity and imagination for food presentation
- Good team work ethic
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene